World Premiere: Hanwha Q CELLS to Introduce High-End Q.ANTUM Solar Module Series Q.PEAK DUO with Half-Cell Technology at SPI 2017
* At booth No. 3937, Hanwha Q CELLS will present its full portfolio of Q.ANTUM-based solar modules and newly-developed storage application
* The monocrystalline Q.PEAK DUO Q.ANTUM module series can reach module efficiencies close to 20% and produce up to 395 Wp
* Q.PEAK DUO comes in variations with 120 and 144 half-cells and will feature an all-black version for impressive aesthetics on private homes
[Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, September 6, 2017] Hanwha Q CELLS, the world´s largest producer of 100% in-house solar cells and modules, today announced it will unveil the completely new module series Q.PEAK DUO at Solar Power International (SPI) in Las Vegas between September 11 and 13, 2017. The Q.PEAK DUO module series combines half-cell technology, six-bus-bars and the company´s proprietary Q.ANTUM cell technology. Thus, the monocrystalline modules reach efficiencies of close to 20% and power outputs of up to 330 Wp from 120 half-cells and up to 395 Wp from 144 half-cells. At SPI, Hanwha Q CELLS will showcase the new series at booth No. 3937 in the Mandalay Bay Convention Center together with its entire portfolio of solar modules and its newly-developed PV plus energy storage solution. Alongside Q.PEAK DUO, the booth highlights will be the company´s current high-performance module series Q.PEAK (monocrystalline) and Q.PLUS (multicrystalline) as well as the innovative steel frame module Q.PEAK RSF. This prototype has recently won the Intersolar Europe Innovation Award for significantly lowering BOS cost thanks to its revolutionary frame concept. Moreover, U.S. customers will be able to experience Hanwha Q CELLS´ PV + ESS, Q.HOME.
"We are thrilled to unveil our latest high-end innovation to U.S. customers and the world at SPI. With the Q.PEAK DUO series, Hanwha Q CELLS will be setting another benchmark in terms of high-end performance and reliability of crystalline solar modules under real-life conditions", said Mr. Seong Woo Nam, Chairman and CEO of Hanwha Q CELLS. He continued, "U.S. customers and investors are looking for the highest possible yields and reliability from a bankable partner. As a flagship company of Fortune Global 500 business enterprise Hanwha Group with "Engineered in Germany" technology, Hanwha Q CELLS is one of only a few companies who can deliver just that in large volumes."
Q.ANTUM: MORE THAN JUST PERC
Q.ANTUM is the proprietary solar cell technology platform of Hanwha Q CELLS and the engine behind its complete portfolio of solar modules. While being based on the rear side passivation of the solar cell (PERC), Q.ANTUM offers many additional features that differentiate it from conventional PERC technologies. Q.ANTUM Technology's strength lies in controlling various degradation effects such as PID (potential induced degradation), LID (light induced degradation) and LeTID (light and elevated temperature induced degradation). Hanwha Q CELLS featured a presentation at the R&D conference 'Silicon PV' in Germany in April, showing that LeTID does not only appear on multicrystalline materials, but can also significantly reduce the energy yield of monocrystalline PERC solar cells in early operation stages. Hanwha Q CELLS not only understands the effect, but also implemented processes to control it effectively. This is reflected in the excellent performance warranties of all Q.ANTUM products. Additionally, Q.ANTUM features Hot-Spot-Protect and Tra.Q laser marking for 100 % traceability of any cells produced, as well as strict Q CELLS quality standards.
Q.PEAK AND Q.PLUS: Q.ANTUM´S CURRENT TOP PERFORMERS
The standard monocrystalline Q.PEAK series and multicrystalline Q.PLUS L will be showcased at SPI:
- Q.PEAK-G4.1: monocrystalline 60-cell Q.ANTUM solar module with white backsheet, black frame, and power ratings of up to 310 Wp
- Q.PEAK BLK-G4.1: all-black monocrystalline 60-cell Q.ANTUM solar module with black backsheet, black frame, and power ratings of up to 300 Wp
- Q.PEAK-G4.1/MAX: smart monocrystalline 60-cell Q.ANTUM solar module with white backsheet, black frame, and power ratings of up to 310 Wp
- Q.PLUS L-G4.2: multicrystalline 72-cell Q.ANTUM solar module with white backsheet, silver frame, and power ratings of up to 355 Wp
Q.PEAK DUO AND Q.PEAK RSF: THE NEXT GENERATION OF Q.ANTUM
These Q.ANTUM highlights are soon to raise the bar for performance and quality:
- Q.PEAK DUO: monocrystalline 120 half-cell Q.ANTUM module, white backsheet, black frame, improved temperature coefficient, and power ratings of up to 330 Wp
- Q.PEAK DUO BLK: all-black monocrystalline 120 half-cell Q.ANTUM module, black backsheet, black frame, impressive aesthetics, and power ratings of up to 320 Wp
- Q.PEAK DUO L: monocrystalline 144 half-cell Q.ANTUM module, white backsheet, silver frame, maximum energy yield, and power ratings of up to 395 Wp
- Q.PEAK RSF L - G4.2: monocrystalline 72-cell Q.ANTUM solar module with innovative reinforced steel frame, decentralized junction box, and power ratings of up to 375 Wp for lowest LCOE and optimized manageability. Winner of the 2017 Intersolar Innovation Award
MORE TO SEE AT HANWHA Q CELLS' BOOTH 3937
Hanwha Q CELLS will be presenting these additional attractions: Visitors will have the chance to follow regular presentations about the innovations of Q.PEAK DUO followed by a game and prizes. Moreover, Hanwha Q CELLS will host a presentation on the steel frame module Q.PEAK RSF at the Future PV Roundtable, which will be held on Tuesday September 12th in Roof E of the Mandalay Bay Expo Center.
About Hanwha Q CELLS
Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ:HQCL) is one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ) and Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ) with its diverse international manufacturing facilities in Malaysia, South Korea and China. Hanwha Q CELLS offers the full spectrum of photovoltaic products, applications and solutions, from modules to kits to systems to large-scale solar power plants. Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnership to its customers in the utility, commercial, government and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. For more information, visit: www.hanwha-qcells.com
This press release contains forward-looking statements. These statements constitute "forward-looking" statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements can be identified by terminology such as "will," "expects," "anticipates," "future," "intends," "plans," "believes," "estimates" and similar statements. Among other things, the quotations from management in this press release and the Hanwha Q CELLS' operations and business outlook, contain forward-looking statements. Such statements involve certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in or suggested by the forward-looking statements. Further information regarding these and other risks is included in Hanwha Q CELLS filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including its annual report on Form 20-F. Except as required by law, Hanwha Q CELLS does not undertake any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Hanwha Q CELLS America
Katie Kim, Assistant Marketing Manager
Source: Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd